Work and Holiday Visa or Tourist Visa

You need a valid visa if you intend to visit Australia as a visitor.


Visitor Visa (Subclass 600)


This is a visa that allow applicant to visit or for business visitor purposes; usually for a period up to three, six or twelve months.


Applicant might be able to get this visa if travelling to Australia for one of the following purposes:

  • As a visitor;

  • To visit family;

  • As a business visitor for business visitor activities;

  • On a tour with a genuine registered travel agent from the People’s Republic of China.


eVisitor (Subclass 651) or Electronic Travel Authority (Subclass 601)


Applicant might be eligible for eVisitor subclass 651 or Electronic Travel Authority Subclass 601.


Please contact us for a free assessment and we can help you find a suitable visitor visa based on eligible countries.


Work and Holiday Visa (either Subclass 462 or Subclass 417)


A work and holiday Visa is a temporary visa for young people who want to holiday and work in Australia for up to a year. It is a suitable temporary visa for applicant that wish to experience the cultural exchanges and closer the ties between Australian and eligible countries.


There are two subclasses for Work and Holiday visa:

  • Work and Holiday Visa (Subclass 462); and

  • Work and Holiday Visa (Subclass 417).   


This Work and Holiday Visa (Subclass 462) is limited to the following passport holders:

  • Argentina

  • Austria

  • Chile

  • China, People's Republic of

  • Czech Republic

  • Hungary

  • Indonesia

  • Israel

  • Luxembourg

  • Malaysia

  • Peru

  • Poland

  • Portugal

  • San Marino

  • Singapore

  • Slovak Republic

  • Slovenia

  • Spain

  • Thailand

  • Turkey

  • Uruguay

  • United States of America

  • Vietnam


This Work and Holiday Visa (Subclass 417) is limited to the following passport holders:

  •     Belgium

  •     Canada

  •     Republic of Cyprus

  •     Denmark

  •     Estonia

  •     Finland

  •     France

  •     Germany

  •     Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China (including British National Overseas passport holders)

  •     Republic of Ireland

  •     Italy

  •     Japan

  •     Republic of Korea

  •     Malta

  •     Netherlands

  •     Norway

  •     Sweden

  •     Taiwan (other than an official or diplomatic passport)

  •     The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

There is an annual limit to the number of Work and holiday visas issued to each country. No application will be consider after the limit is reached.


The applicant must be between 18-30 years of age at the time of lodging the application. The applicant will not be with a dependent child at any time during the stay in Australia. The applicant must have sufficient money to support themselves and to buy a return or onward travel ticket at the end of their stay on a working holiday visa. The visa applicant must be a genuine visitor, meet the educational requirements (this is applicable for Subclass 462), have functional English, and obtain a letter of support from their government (except applicants from the USA). Also the applicants must meet the character, health requirement, and health insurance.


Please note that the eligibility requirements for each Work and Holiday Visa vary from each eligible country. Which means each subclass 462 and subclass 417 have different requirements set by the Department of Home Affairs. The approval of these visa applications will also depend on the circumstances of the passport holders.


Contact us for a free visa assessment and we will let you know which visa subclass is suitable for you.